Disaster Aid International (DIA) comprises ‘Country Partners’ who are each autonomous but subscribe to the same set of rules, and work for the benefit of those requiring assistance after a disaster.
DIA has been awarded the Status of being a ‘Collaborative Organization’ by Rotary International.
Response to a Disaster
Country Partners have the option to respond to a disaster either by themselves, or in an alliance with other interested Country Partners.
Country Partners are not required to participate in every disaster response.
Disaster Aid International coordinates the work of its Country Partners:
- In responding to a disaster;
- To train volunteers in administering humanitarian relief and aid;
- To provide education and training in aspects of disaster relief to individuals, community groups, businesses, schools and other organisations;
- To carry liaise with Rotary International on behalf of its Country Partners; and
- To work in partnership on humanitarian projects funded by other organisations, including Rotary clubs and Rotary districts.
The Board of Disaster Aid International, which collectively decides on its management, comprises a representative of each Country Partner.
Senior Officers of the Board are elected annually and are currently:
- Chair: Larry Agee (Disaster Aid USA) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Deputy Chair: Pam Joyce (Disaster Aid UK & Ireland);
- Public Image Co-ordinator: KK Looi (Disaster Aid Malaysia) email@example.com
Becoming a Country Partner
Disaster Aid International is actively expanding its country partnerships in order to extend its geographical spread and expertise.
Interested groups within Rotary are invited to contact Disaster Aid International if they would like to discuss becoming one of our Country Partners.