The heart of smartaid is involving local partners and the community to ensure that the aid provided:
- Meets their requirements.
- Involves them in working with us as 'Partners'.
- Gives them 'Ownership' of the outcome.
The community becomes 'A Resource Not Victims'
The primary roles of our, on site, Disaster Aid Response Team (DART) are:
- Identification of need;
- Distribution of funds on needed resources;
- Project management;
Our smartaid focus areas are:
High Profile Disaster Response
We liaise with well connected local Rotarians and other local organisations to find out what is needed by those affected.
Then using our resources and contacts we aim to meet as much of the needs using local sources.
- Maximises our financial impact by minimising costs of waste, storage and shipping of materials.
- Speeds the rate that resources can be delivered.
- Helps the local economy to recover.
Disaster Preparedness Training
Helping the local communities to become more resilient by facilitating training of:
- Government and Non Government Bodies
- Community Groups
- Rotary Clubs
Safe Drinking Water
In reponding to disasters we can provide Sawyer Water Filters to individual families, and portable SkyHydrant™water filter units to larger communities
We also look to manage the installation of permanant portable SkyHydrant™water filter units under our Safe Water for Every Child program