Our Philippines partner, Balay Mindanaw has provided us with a further update dated December 26, 2017
Based on their initial assessment, the areas hit hardest by Tropical Storm Tembin (Vinta) are
- Barangay Mindalano in the Municipality of Salvado, Lanao del Norte.
- Barangay Dalama, Municipality of Tubod, the capital town of Lanao del Norte.
Current relief activities are
- Relief assistance (Food and NFI) are mostly coming and provided by the municipal LGUs
- Setting up of temporary shelters led by a former Mayor with help from carpenter volunteers from different barangays mobilized for the purpose.
- Repairs to damaged roads by the municipal LGU expected to improve access within the week.
- While the Municipal LGU can still provide the food requirements and few relief goods in the coming days, the need for potable water remain an unaddressed problem.
Urgent needs are:
- Safe drinking water
- Construction/repair of damaged houses
- Psycho-social support
Balay Mindanaw is immediately
- Sending a Team to visit Brgy. Dalama and Brgy. Mindalano, to conduct actual assessments and discuss with key people how to best meet their needs.
- Installing at least two Disaster Aid provided Sky Hydrants at strategic sites in the two Barangays.
If you want to support our Life Saving SkyHydrants ensuring safe water for communities in the Philippines you can make a Donation Now.