Disaster Aid International was set up by the Board of Disaster Aid Australia to develop a more international focus.
Rebuilding communities ... together
Disaster Aid International coordinates the work of its Country Partners to:
- Respond to disasters with the supply of humanitarian aid to the affected communities and/or individuals until the needs determined by Disaster Aid International are reasonably addressed.
- Operate an Overseas Aid Fund, to be known as the Disaster Aid International Overseas Aid Fund, in order to provide relief and aid to those who are displaced by natural or other disasters;
- Train volunteers in administering humanitarian relief and aid;
- Provide education and training in aspects of disaster relief to individuals, community groups, businesses, schools and other organisations; and
- Work in partnership on humanitarian projects funded by other organisations, including Rotary clubs and Rotary districts.
The Disaster Aid Country Partners each have representatives on the Board of Disaster Aid International which collectively decides on its management. Senior Officers of the Board are elected annually and are currently:
Chairman: Robert Strachan (Disaster Aid UK)
Deputy Chairman: Larry Agee (Disaster Aid USA)
Deputy Chairman: KK Looi (Disaster Aid Malaysia)
Disaster Aid International is actively expanding its country partnerships in order to extend its geographical spread and expertise.
Interested groups within Rotary are encouraged to contact Disaster Aid International if they would like to discuss becoming one of our Country Partners.