From Rotary District 3292, Rotary Club of Dhulikhel
Community Development and Relief Agency Nepal
Monday May 4, 2015
After a week of disastrous earthquake, people are still waiting for food and shelter; most of them are from remote hard-to-reach areas. Humanitarian reliefs are still beyond the reach especially in remote villages of Kavre, Sindhupalchok and Nuwakot districts where the earthquake hit the most. It is said that in Sindhupalchok only, the casualties might reach about 5,000. In this area, even after 9 days of earthquake, 2 men and 1 woman are rescued.
- Rotary Club of Butwal supported with tent, mat and food to Baireni Village-4.
- President of Kavre Chamber of Commerece and Industry visit affected villages and planning further with Nepal police district chief.
- ICA Nepal and Rotary Rudramati delivery food and logistics at Kallerai, Gagan Pani.
- Two tourists visiting Nepal brought blankets
- and distributed.
- Salute to Nepal Army, Police, doctors, eletricians, oil pump workers. They all are doing great job to help the victims.
- Nepal Jaycees team and Computer Association of Nepal team distributing food relief.
- Dr. Rajendra Koju of Dhulikhel Hospital working tirelessly.
- Nepal Army and overseas helicoptor mobilising in rescue operation. Everyone is doing great job.
- Banepa Leo Club and Rotaract Club of Kavre Banepa providing food and tent in villages of Kavre and Sindhupalchok.
- Rotary Madhyapur offering food feeding for 1000 people.
- Rotary Club of Dang deployed 4 medical team to Gorkha.
- Rotary Club of Dhangadhi send medical team to Gorkha.
- Rotary Club of Baglung providing relief materials in earthquake affected area in Baglung.
- Rotary club of Mahaboudha distributed food and tent in Sindhupalchok.
Activities by Rotaract Club of Dhulikhel
Earthquake relief materials distribution at Chapabot, Baluwa, Panchkhal in collaboration with Aid for Nepal. The relief package was specially focused for lactating women of this village. Around 64 packages among 178 families were distributed. Package consists of rice, cooking oil, salt, biscuits, warm clothes and tent.
Visiting, Inspection and data collection from earthquake disaster hit villages around Panauti Municipality such as Katunje Village, Kushadevi Village.
Volunteering in Dhulikhel Community Hospital.
Activities by RC Madhyapur
Health camp and medicine (Taiwanese medication)
Distribution of mineral water
Activities by Rotaract Madhyapur
Camp in KMC Hospital - Panga
Medicine and water distribution
Activities by RC Kavre Banepa/Rotaract Kavre Banepa
Medicine supplies and food distribution in Bhimtar Village.
Activities by KU Beta Volunteering Team
Helping people to bring rice, potato, clothes from the destroyed house in Kavre Village.
Distribution of soap, toothpaste, toothbrush in Bhaktapur
GCF - CDRA -Rotary-Mercy Relief- The Johanniter,Germany Meeting
Dissuced how to reach quick and response to sanitation and rehabilation plan. 3
Response for Disaster In response to the disaster, Rotary District 3292 Nepal-Bhutan, Rotary Club of Dhulikhel coordinating with GCF-USA/CDRA Nepal, District Disaster Relief Committee-Kavre district is implementing Earthquake disaster response with basic food survival package.
Disaster Aid is in communication with organisations in Nepal, to work out what aid they require from us and the most effective way of delivering it, given the transport challenges.
This is an extract from the full report.